I am an experienced vinyasa yoga teacher, trained under the legendary Stewart Gilchrist.
My classes are influenced by a number of different schools. My mum is an Iyengar yoga teacher so I started early. Teenage rebellion then took me to mysore-style Ashtanga. And since then I have explored and been influenced by Forrest, Jivamukti and Dharma, amongst other types.
Although I love the backbends and inversions popular on social media, I'm also passionate about alignment and safe techniques for strengthening the body.
Most of my classes focus on asana, but I try to weave yoga philosophy into my dialogue, so each class should offer not just a strong workout for any level of practitioner, but also a sense of wellbeing, and hopefully some food for thought.
I am a certified Acroyoga and Acrofit teacher, under Acroyoga International, and I continue to train and teach with advanced teachers at conventions and immersions worldwide.
Whether a complete beginner or a more experienced student, I endeavour to offer something fun for every level in both L-basing and standing acroyoga sequences.
Lots of people within the Acro community know me for my own special style of 'Contortion Acrobatics', and I love to share skills and moves with practitioners, however bendy they are!
Acroyoga is not only amazing fun, but also a brilliant way to take yoga off the mat and be mindful in your communication with others. Finding peace within your mini-community in class will help you to find peace within your wider community.
Whether you're interested in building muscle, gaining mobility, injury prevention, or working towards a particular goal, I can tailor-design a programme to suit your needs.
Having been through my own '100 days of handstands' challenges - about seven times - I am well versed in conditioning exercises to help get you on your hands, and have fun on the way there.
With my background in both circus and gymnastics teaching, I've experienced getting fit the fun way and I love helping others get stronger and more flexible, without ever stepping foot in the gym or dieting. I could never give up chips and I don't think you should have to either!
Knowing what your body is physically capable of will help you to find more confidence (and you might even develop abs along the way!)
I'm a Yorkshire based yoga, circus and theatre facilitator and performer with a passion for all things play.
Whether balancing upside down on someone's feet or dangling off a piece of silk whilst 'flying to Neverland', my rule is: If it's fun, it's right.
I wasn't an athletic child - I was never on the winning team for sports day. But what I loved was climbing trees, adventure playgrounds and handstanding in fields with my friends. And I still feel that way today!
My aim when teaching is to inspire that same sense of play in my students. To treat our bodies not as something to be manipulated, changed or punished, but as our tools to try things we never knew we could do - be it handstanding or meditating.
The Boring Bit
I have certificates in First Aid, Fire Marshal, Child Safeguarding, E-Safety, and GDPR. I'm fully insured to teach, have teaching qualifications from East London School of Yoga and Acroyoga International, making me a 250+ hour Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.
If you lead a busy life, have a particular goal in mind or would rather be introduced to yoga in your own private space, one-to-one sessions could be perfect for you. Here are some of the benefits:
• Totally flexible: I work around your schedule, so you can work out at a time and place that suits you and your lifestyle.
• No babysitter needed: Kids in the house? No problem! I’m experienced in family yoga and gymnastics from 3 months upwards, and qualified in first aid for all ages. Whether you’d like to involve your little ones in your workout or just know they’re safe nearby, I can tailor a session to your needs.
• Personalised plans: If you’re looking to gain strength or flexibility in a particular area, balance out other activity in your life (like sitting at a desk, or carrying a baby all day!), or finally master a particular pose - hello handstand! - I can create a bespoke plan for you. You’ll also receive adjustments and alignment corrections for every pose and exercise - a level of attention that’ll allow your progress to rocket!
• Get in touch via email at email@example.com to book your free phone consultation.
• I then devise a personalised session or series of sessions, based on the information you’ve provided me with.
• We arrange a time for your first personalised session. This can be ongoing or flexible, depending what works for you.
• Your phone consultation is free and your introductory session is only £30.
• After that, a one-off hour-long session is £50. A block of 5 hours is £225 (offering a £25 discount overall). Further concessions are available, as is a referral scheme for new clients. Payments can be made via cash or direct bank transfer.
• If travel time exceeds 30 minutes then £10 is added to your overall cost, and bookings cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will be charged in full.
Yoga and acroyoga sessions in your workplace are a brilliant way to invest in employee wellbeing. In 2016, over 137 million sick days were taken in the UK, with 59% of them due to mental health, musculoskeletal and minor illnesses. Mental health alone costs UK businesses £34.9 billion per annum – that’s an average of £1300 per employee.
Offering morning, lunchtime or post-work classes at your office is a great way to combat this, contributing to:
• A healthier and therefore more productive workforce
• Better communication between employees
• Counteracting stiffness and aches from desk work
• Easing stress and growing mindfulness in the workplace
I also offer acroyoga workshops in corporate environments. Acroyoga is a great format for companies looking for a fun activity that helps their employees to connect and improve communication. These workshops can also offer the following benefits:
• Improving team building: They’ll need to trust each other if they’re going to balance on each other!
• Looking silly in front of each other: Putting ego aside and learning to embrace looking silly can help us to come up with our best ideas
• Gaining strength and flexibility without competitive elements – enforcing that we’re stronger working together
• Great photo opportunities!
To arrange a phone consultation for either yoga sessions or an acroyoga workshop at your workplace, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesdays 19:30 - 21:00 The Stables: Acroyoga. Four week course from 25th February – click here to book.
Thursdays 20:30 - 21:30 Yogabomb: Inversions and Partner Yoga. Download the MindBody app to book.
Fridays 8:30 - 9:30 Yogabomb: Hot Power Flow. Download the MindBody app to book
15th February: Acroyoga Funshop at Hotpod Yoga York
16-19th April: Acroyoga International Solar Immersion Edinburgh
17-20th October: Acroyoga International Solar Immersion Bristol